Monday, September 14, 2009

Beret Awesomeness...

I gave up on making my sister a pidge scarf.  They all looked terrible.
Instead, I decided on giving a beret a shot. I really liked the one Corrine made in this episode.
I wrote down her instructions so that you don't have to.


ch=chain    sc=single crochet     *=Rep from * to end of row

ch 8 and sc in first loop to connect
Row 1- 2sc in each ch
Row 2- *1sc each in ch1-3, 2sc in ch.
Row 3- 1sc in each all around
Row 4- 2sc in each all around
Row 5- *1sc each in ch1-4, 2sc in ch5
Row 6- 1sc in each all around
Row 7- *1sc each in ch1-5, 2sc in ch6
Row 8- 1sc in each all around
Rows 9-Whatever- from here on, you will repeat the pattern of *1sc each in ch1-6, 2sc in 7 with an increase of 1 in each row. Go on until you get to 1sc in each in ch 1-12, 2sc in 13.
Now, sc around and around and around until you feel that it is deep enough.
When you are ready to finish...
Final 2 Rows- *1sc each in 1-3, skip 4, 1sc in 5
Last Row- *1sc each in 1-3, skip 4 and 5, 1sc in 6
That's it for Corrine's directions. I did one more sc row to finish off.

 
This is about what it will look like before you begin your rows of sc for depth.

Done.

And done.
My next one will be deeper I think, but I like it.

0 comments :